News

Latest News

Imprisoning Democracy

Have your say


Newspaper


Back to index

Philippines: N. Philippine shooting spree kills 9, injures 11

04-01-2013

MANILA, (Xinhua): At least nine people were killed while 11 others were injured after a man went on a shooting rampage in northern Philippines, police said Friday.

Police identified the suspect as Ronald Bae who shot his neighbors in Tabon 1 village in Kawit town, Cavite.

Cavite provincial police chief Senior Supt. Alex Rafael said the victims of Bae included six-year-old Micaela Andrea Caimol, who is said to be his granddaughter; Alberto Fernandez, 55; Gilbert Toledo, 44; Al Orio, 20 and another child whose name was not immediately known.

Rafael said those injured also included children.

Bae himself was killed after he engaged responding policemen in a shootout.

Police said Bae had been drinking since Thursday night. At around 9:30 a.m. Friday, the suspect started shooting his neighbors using a .45-caliber pistol. The rampage lasted for almost 30 minutes.

Bae lost his electoral bid in the town of Kawit during the May 2010 elections. Local media reported that the suspect had marital problems.

Editor: Hou Qiang


http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-01/04/c_132079863.htm

Email this story to a friend | Printable Version

 

Latest News


Other News from Far East section


Palestine   Advertise Here
  Prayer Times

News and Views of Muslims in the United Kingdom